You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-05 04:06:38

husnain
User RankUser RankUser RankUser RankUser RankUser Rank
Administrator
Website

What to wear at an interview?

What to wear.

Does it really make a difference how you dress for an interview? In many cases, it does. I'll never forget the gentleman I interviewed for an accounting position. He had been out of work for a few months and wanted to show me why. He took off his jacket, unbuttoned his shirt and started to pull down his pants (this is a true story) to show me the scar from a boat propeller that had injured him. He didn't get the job. Neither did the young lady in a bright red skirt so short and tight that she could hardly sit down!
In the conservative business climate I worked in at the time, appearances did matter. In other environments it isn't as important. However, it does make sense to dress your best for the interview, regardless of the dress code at the organization.

Don't worry - you don't have to spend a lot of money or pour through fashion magazines to figure out what to wear to your interview. Fortunately, men's fashion is relatively straightforward. Using a few basic pieces, it's easy to put together an outfit that is stylish, professional and tasteful.

Women's Interview Attire

Solid color, conservative suit
Moderate shoes
Neat, professional hairstyle
Tan or light hosiery
Sparse make-up & perfume
Manicured nails
Portfolio or briefcase
Very limited jewelry
Neat, professional hairstyle
Go easy on the aftershave
Neatly trimmed nails

Men's Interview Attire

Solid color, conservative suit
White long sleeve shirt
Conservative tie
Dark socks, professional shoes

Last edited by husnain (2014-10-05 06:41:19)

You cannot discover the new oceans unless you have the courage to lose the sight of the shore.

2014-10-05 04:06:38

Advertisement
Ads By Google

Re: What to wear at an interview?

\n
The following user say "Thank You" for this post:Guest

Board footer