You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-21 05:46:37

Muhammad
User RankUser RankUser RankUser RankUser RankUser Rank
بِسمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحمٰنِ الرَّحيمِ
Website

Computer Networks Interview Questions And Answers

Basic and Advance Networking :: Computer Networks Job Interview Questions and Answers

Computer Networking related job interview questions and answers guide. Lean Computer Networks and get preparation for the job of Computer Networking field

1 Tell me what is SLIP (Serial Line Interface Protocol)?
2 External Data Representation is a method of encoding data within an RPC message, used to ensure that the data is not system-dependent?
3 Tell me, you can ping servers on the subnet your workstation is on, but not other subnets. What is wrong?
4 How to Re-cover The crashed files in outlook? What is the Limitation(users) of outlook?
5 Explain the Pros and Cons of layer design?
6 Explain what is Ipsec tunneling, how it works?
7 Suppose a resource record is an entry in a name servers database. There are several types of resource records used, including name-to-address resolution information. Resource records are maintained as ASCII files?
8 Tell me why should we care about the OSI Reference Model?
9 What is ERD(Emergency Repair Disk)?
10 Explain what is the main purpose for creating this OSI Reference Model? Why it is a layered model?
11 Explain what is Bandwidth?
12 Explain what is the HELLO protocol used for?
13 Do you know what is SAP?
14 Explain what is the VLan and how it is work?
15 Explain what is fragmentation of a packet?
16 Tell us what is wide-mouth frog?
17 Explain what is the difference between TFTP and FTP application layer protocols?
18 What is MTU of a link?
19 Explain what is PING utility?
20 What are the possible ways of data exchange?(i) Simplex   (ii) Half-duplex   (iii) Full-duplex
21 Explain how to find real IP address of the client that is connecting with a server, if the client is using Proxy(Transparent, Anonymous, and Private Proxy)?
22 How to configure Proxy Server in Windows?
23 How to share Internet using a proxy server?
24 What is an operational database server and a non operational database server? Mention its function?
25 What is MUX and explain how mux works?
26 Explain what is a Multi-homed Host?
27 Explain how to trouble shoot DNS in Big environment, Explain Briefly about ADS and its services?
28 Explain how to change in domain name?
29 Consider a system where a program can be separated into two parts: code and data. The CPU knows whether it wants an instruction (instruction fetch) or data (data fetch or store). Therefore, two base-limit register pairs are provided: one for instructions and one for data. The instruction base limit register pair is automatically set to read only, so programs can be shared among different users. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this scheme?
30 Do you know what is SSl?
31 Suppose If you have 3 pcs with static IPs and there is one PC workstation that has FTP going through a router, how would you FTP to that workstation and only that one from the outside in?
32 You have a laptop and wireless unit and you want to use infrared capability to access the Internet, how can this be done and what problems would you look at if it was not working?What is the biggest problem with laptops and wireless units?
33 Tell me what is OSPF?
34 Explain why WINS server is required?
35 Explain what is Kerberos?
36 What is the difference between simplex and half-duplex transmission?
37 Explain, you need to connect a Token Ring segment to an Ethernet segment. Would you use a router, a brouter, or a bridge?
38 What is a TCP connection table?
39 What is the difference between duplex raid & mirror raid? Explain about full raid levels?
40 What is frame relay, in which layer it comes?
41 Explain what is frame relay, in which layer it comes?
42 What is the difference between POP3 and IMAP Mail Server?
43 Tell me what is subnetting? why is it used?
44 What are the types of protocols and what are its functions and for what purpose this protocol is used give me a brief explanation?
45 What are the different type of networking / internet working devices?
46 What is difference between switch & hub?
47 Explain what protocol is used by DNS name servers?
48 Explain what is router?
49 Explain what is the difference between domain & workgroup?
50 What is DORA process?
51 Explain what is the requirement of dns?
52 Can we communicate by using only the MAC address in Same network?
53 Your network uses both IPX and Net BEUI. Which device would provide the best connectivity if you have many (more than 10) segments?
54 Explain what is Gateway-to-Gateway protocol?
55 Default port no. forTelnet ___ ?SNMP ____?FTP ____?
56 Explain what is the role of network administrator?
57 How to perform subnet addressing?
58 Explain what is an email client? what is difference between email client and web mail?
59 Explain what is 5-4-3 rule?
60 Do you know what is virtual path?
61 Explain what is Mail Gateway?
62 Explain what is multicast routing?
63 Explain what is RAID?
64 Which of the following ISO level is more closely related to physical communications facilities1. Application2. Session3. Network4. Data Link
65 What is the difference between SD RAM & DDR RAM & DDR2 RAM?
66 How to create VPN to connect to branch office of the same office.what would be the preliminary requirement
67 Name three network tools used to determine where a network connectivity is lost between two sites A&B?
68 Explain what is Proxy ARP?
69 Under what situations a packet can go into infinite loop in a network?
70 Suppose user calls in and complains that her computer and network is running very slow. How would you go about troubleshooting it?
71 Name any field of IP header that can prevent a packet to loop infinitely?
72 Explain a 3-way TCP/IP Handshake?
73 Explain what is mesh network?
74 Explain what is Protocol Data Unit?
75 What is the difference between a directory and active directory?
76 What is a Bridge? When is it used? How is a bridge configured? What are the software and hardware components of a bridge?
77 Tell me what does CIDR stand for?
78 Explain what is RIP (Routing Information Protocol)?
79 Explain what is the Network Time Protocol?
80 Explain what is subnet?
81 Explain what is BGP (Border Gateway Protocol)?
82 Explain what are the data units at different layers of the TCP / IP protocol suite?
83 Explain what is the range of addresses in the classes of internet addresses?
84 What is NETBIOS and NETBEUI?
85 How to configure dhcp features in an switch?
86 Explain what are 10Base2, 10Base5 and 10BaseT Ethernet LANs?
87 Explain what is redirector?
88 What is "triple X" in Networks?
89 Explain what are major types of networks and explain?
90 Tell me what is Project 802?
91 Explain difference between bit rate and baud rate.Bit rate is the number of bits transmitted during one second whereas baud rate refers to the number of signal units per second that are required to represent those bits.baud rate = bit rate / N where N is no-of-bits represented by each signal shift?
92 Tell us what is ICMP?
93 Tell me can we use static and dynamic routing in one network?
94 Tell me what are the advantages and disadvantages of the three types of routing tables?
95 What is the minimum and maximum length of the header in the TCP segment and IP datagram?
96 Explain what is packet filter?
97 Explain what is logical link control?
98 What is region in networking?
99 What is traffic shaping in networking?
100 Explain what are Digrams and Trigrams?
101 Explain what is silly window syndrome in Computer Networks?
102 What is source route in Computer Networks?
103 What is NVT in Computer Networks?
104 Explain what is the subnet mask of this network?
105 Suppose you need to connect a Token Ring segment to an Ethernet segment. Would you use a router, a brouter, or a bridge?
106 What is the process of OSI Model, when two computer communicate with each other?
107 When two network layers are in communication with one another, these layers are known as?a.) PDUsb.) peer entiiesc.) PRAMsd.) sockets
108 Explain what is the function of a WAP gateway?
109 What is VLAN and INTERVLAN? Why do we use these techniques?
110 Explain Data Transmission From Server to Server?
111 Suppose a person would like to access a file on another computer (connected via LAN) while working with safe mode. What should he do?
112 Tell me what is VPN? Is RAS and VPN one and the same?How do I determine that My computer is part of correct network and is getting a Valid IP?
113 What does negotiation mean when discussing network protocols?
114 What is attenuation in Computer Networks?
115 TCP is reliable in communication whereas IP is Non-reliable. Why it is integrated into one and given as TCP/IP protocol?
116 Explain what are the important topologies for networks?
117 Tell us why do we have a minimum and maximum cable length requirement?
118 What is cladding in Computer Networks?
119 Explain what is passive topology?
120 Explain what is the difference between .pst and .ost files used in outlook?
121 Suppose you have been given 1 printer and 1 IP Address for installing it in a Networking EnvironmentHow will you do it?
122 Explain which protocol is used to communicate between client and ISP?
123 How to ping from one host to another in IPv6 without ARP?
124 What is the difference between routable and non- routable protocols?
125 Draw a constellation diagram that represent Hybrid Modulation technique with 4 levels of amplitude and 4 levels different phase (like 0* 90* ) *=degree?
126 How many levels of signalling is possible with such modulation, in other words what is the number of symbols?
127 What is MAC address in Computer Networks?
128 Tell me what would you check first at the off site before you connect database?
129 Piggybacking Suggests1. attaching a check bit to an outgoing data frame2. attaching an acknowledge to an outgoing data frame3. saving some memory space for the critical processes4. securing the data frames before transporting
130 The network address made available to the transport layer should use auniform numbering plan1. In a session 2. In a LAN3. In a WAN 4. across LAN and WAN
131 What is a Management Information Base (MIB) in Computer Networks?
132 Explain why logical address required is in OSI model? State the difference between guide media and unguide media
133 What is SIMM?
134 Explain what the difference between DNS and WINS?
135 BOOTP helps a diskless workstation boot. How does it get a message to the network looking for its IP address and the location of its operating system boot files?
136 What MAU in Computer Networks?
137 Explain what do you exactly mean by end to end delivery of packets? (i.e n/w layer and transport layer)
138 Do you know what is the role of Network administrator?
139 Explain how data can be effectively communicated from the transmitter to the receiver?
140 What is EGP (Exterior Gateway Protocol) in Computer Networks?
141 Explain what is the advantage and disadvantage of local area networks?
142 Tell me whats are the core differences Between TCP and UDP?
143 Explain what is autonomous system?
144 What is Recovery Console?
145 What is the difference between TCP/IP host name and netBIOS host name?
146 Explain difference between the communication and transmission. Transmission is a physical movement of information and concern issues like bit polarity, synchronization, clock etc. Communication means the meaning full exchange of information between two communication media?
147 Tell me what are the two types of transmission technology available?(i) Broadcast and(ii) point-to-point
148 What is layer-3 switch in Computer Networks?
149 Explain what is Active Directory? How does it work?
150 Explain what is ipv6? How many octects is it?
151 Explain what is Private IP?
152 Explain what is the difference between collision domain and broadcast domain?
153 Explain what is point-to-point protocol?
154 What is difference between layer 2 and layer 3 switch?How much bandwidth support by V.35 and RS 232 cable?What is difference between V.35 and RS 232 Cable?
155 Windows crashed because NTLDR File is missing. How will you restore this file (Without using Safe Mode Option)?
156 How to use VPN to connect branch office to the other office?
157 How to configure two DHCP Servers using 2 swithces with 1 DSL. Keep in mind we cannot use any other additional equipment?
158 Explain how Gateway is different from Routers?
159 Explain benefits of VPN? Difference between L2TP and PPTP Protocols?
160 which protocol is used for retrieving mails?
161 There are four routers and 4 switches and 40 computers in an office. How will you connect each devices and configure those devices?
162 Suppose you are given only the IP address of the switch but not the port number. How will you read that switch?
163 What is piggy backing in Computer Networks?
164 What advantage does REX offer other similar utilities?
165 Explain what does the Mount protocol do?
166 Tell me what is the difference between interior and exterior neighbor gateways?
167 What is a pseudo tty in Computer Networks?
168 What is the difference between an unspecified passive open and a fully specified passive open?
169 What is the function of Transmission Control Block?
170 Explain what is anonymous FTP and why would you use it?
171 Tell me what is terminal emulation, in which layer it comes?
172 What is virtual channel in Computer Networks?
173 The network address made available to the transport layer should use a uniform numbering plan1. In a session 2. In a LAN3. In a WAN 4. across LAN and WAN
174 What is Beaconing in Computer Networks?
175 Explain what are headers and trailers? How are they added and removed?
176 Explain what services does the internet layer provide?
177 What is IGP (Interior Gateway Protocol) in Computer Networks?
178 What is the netted IP in Computer Networks?
179 Explain what is system recovery and system failure?
180 Tell me what is the default subnet mask for an ipv6 address?
181 Suppose If you are given the IP address can u tell how many computers can be connected?What do you look at?
182 Tell me how to transfer some data periodically using RTP protocol without any loss?
183 What is the difference between networking and telecom domain ? Will network protocol testing will come under telecom domain?
184 What is ost file?
185 Explain what is Printer driver replication and mapping?
186 Do you know what is difference between baseband and broadband transmission?
187 What is port address in Computer Networks?
188 What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of DHCP?
189 What is the difference between physical address and logical address?
190 What is the default subnet mask for IPV6?
191 Explain in detail about the working of SWITCH in Networking?
192 What is Active Directory in Computer Networks?
193 What is ping to death packet?
194 What is the size of ping to death packet?
195 What is a SEGMENTED NETWORK?
196 What is the difference between simplex and duplex?
197 Explain what is the routed protocols & routing protocols?
198 What you will do, if you computer boots to the black screen?
199 Explain about Scan Disk? How scan disk fixes errors?
200 What is difference between encoding and modulation? please give me detail of encoding and modulation?
201 Tell us which osi layer participate in Bandwidth?
202 How to share a printer?
203 Explain Full form of SATA hard disk?
204 What do you need to know to set up a network?
205 What is difference between TCP protocol& UDP protocol?
206 Explain what is difference between ARP and RARP?
207 How to recover deleted file from network?
208 Tell me what is a VLAN? What does VLAN provide?
209 Explain what is file system? How a file is organized in file system? Give few examples?
210 Can a machine with a single DNS name have multiple IP addresses? If yes then how could this occur?

Download Computer Networks Interview Questions And Answers PDF

Online Web Tutorials And Interview Questions With Answers Forum:
https://globalguideline.com/forum/

2014-07-21 05:46:37

Advertisement
Ads By Google

Re: Computer Networks Interview Questions And Answers

\n
The following user say "Thank You" for this post:Guest

Board footer